200 years after the defeat of Fire Lord Ozai, the Water Avatar has come and gone, now the newest Avatar an Earth Bender has gone missing. A war has begun and the search for peace is underway.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Be sure to read the rules!

Share | 

Knives And Pens

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Keres

PostSubject: Knives And Pens   Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:19 am

"Oomph!" The guard let out a half-gasp as he hit the ground in front of a chuckling crowd. He growled, letting the anger of being beaten by a girl get the best of him as he charged the slender back that was now to him as Natsumi took a drink of her Ginseng tea. He struck her fast, and jumped back with a new glint in his eye.

Natsumi turned around, wringing her hands of the hot tea, and glared at him. "You spilled my tea." She reached up behind her head to grasp the handle of her sword and pulled it out of the sheath with a loud schink! Spinning it on one hand, Natsumi finished wiping the now sticky liquid off of her with the other, and giggled girlishly as the look in the guard's eyes vanished. "Not so tough now, huh? Where's your manly sword?"

He fumbled at his side for a moment before taking hold of the hilt and drawing it slowly with a shaking hand. Her blow came quickly, and he barely had a chance to block it and add a whimper before the next came, then the next. Soon the guard was cowering beneath a counter, his sword lying some ten feet away with his arms up as Natsumi shook her head.

"You know, you're not worth it."
She slid her weapon back into place and turned to the waiter standing shocked behind the island, "I'd like one tea to go, please." He handed her a cup and she paid him, walking off with the steaming liquid and sipping it as she went. Her slippers were thin and coated with dust as she walked down a back road of Harbour City, the heavy boots she would otherwise wear were hanging heavily off a rucksack slung over one shoulder, thunking together loudly.

She stopped walking for a moment to kneel down and adjust her pack and shoes, but froze when she heard someone walk up behind her. Instantly, Natsumi was on her feet with a sword at their throat. "Who're you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VivaLaCult

PostSubject: Re: Knives And Pens   Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:04 am

Huo stopped abruptly at the shiny sword lightly touching his throat, her skill with a blade was shown simply by her accuracy. Huo had come into town to buy ingredients for Jasmine tea when he saw Natsumi fight. "Not an enemy." he said simply feeling the tip of the sword brush his neck as he talked.

"You are impressive with that weapon of yours, I had to talk to you, get your name at least." he said as he relaxed a bit, talking allowed him to slowly slid his hand onto the hook swords hanging on his hips now he would have some form of protection.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keres

PostSubject: Re: Knives And Pens   Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:57 pm

She let her sword down warily, but kept a hand on it all the same as she eyed his own weapons. Natsumi leaned down to pick up her bag and slung it over her shoulder, taking another sip of tea before speaking. "My name is Natsumi," She said, frowning at the cold tea in her hand, and leaned her sword against her thigh to warm it with the other, then glancing up at him. "Thanks for the compliment. What's yours?"

Natsumi took in his demeanour; a lean figure with proud eyes and messy hair, he was a Firebender- no doubt. It was the skull fragment gracing his face that kept her attention; not knowing what it was, and not allowing her to place where this man was from.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VivaLaCult

PostSubject: Re: Knives And Pens   Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:50 pm

"My name is Huo Lei." he said as his hand slowly drifted from his weapon. Huo's eyes scanned the woman as well if her sheer beauty hadn't grabbed his attention her long fiery hair would have. "I have never seen anyone handle a sword like that, are you in the military?" he pondered how else she could become so adept with a sword.

Huo was intimidated by her beauty, and there was no hiding it as he nervously shifted his leather bag on his shoulder. Who is she and why have I never seen her before. he couldn't help but let his mind wander.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keres

PostSubject: Re: Knives And Pens   Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:33 pm

Natsumi tossed the tea cup she was holding carelessly off to the side, then wiped her hand off on her sash before holding it out to Huo. "Nice to meet you." Taking her hand back, Natsumi smiled. "And no, I'm not Military. I've just had a ton of practice. What brings you to this part of town, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VivaLaCult

PostSubject: Re: Knives And Pens   Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:39 pm

Huo smiled nervously as he shifted the bag on back again, "Ingredients for tea, it's kinda mine and my friends thing." Huo moved his body a little shifting his weight, "Would you like to have a cup with me, I am told I make great Jasmine tea." Huo said looking for an excuse to spend more time with Natsumi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keres

PostSubject: Re: Knives And Pens   Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:59 pm

"Sure, I'd like that." She smiled, sheathing her sword before motioning down the road dramatically. "Lead the way." Natsumi tightened the grasp she held on her pack, and waited for Huo's lead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VivaLaCult

PostSubject: Re: Knives And Pens   Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:47 pm

Huo just smiled he was too baffled she actually said yes to speak, he wasn't exactly what you would call a "ladies man", Huo spent most of his time either training Yi or playing Pai Sho. Huo began to walk down the street he knew the perfect spot to go, he wasn't familiar with the big city but when he came he almost always went on the outskirt hill to look over the vast land scape.

"Have you ever been on the outskirts hill?" he asked as he walked at the same pace as her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keres

PostSubject: Re: Knives And Pens   Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:12 pm

Natsumi followed by Huo's side, "I've heard of it, all good things, but have never actually been to it." She knew the city well, but that's as far as her knowledge of this area went, save for a few forested areas. Her journeys in and out of the job were extensive and Natsumi needed to have a good memory for things; it allows her to sweep through places without being seen by a living soul.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VivaLaCult

PostSubject: Re: Knives And Pens   Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:14 pm

"It really is a great place." Huo really disliked the city, he preferred being in small groups much more, perhaps that is why he was so eager to join the sun warriors. "It is the best place to enjoy a nice cup of tea." he said with a grin.

Huo looked over at Natsumi he once again realized her beauty, and smiled nervously. "So Natsumi is there a reason you learned how to handle a sword like that?" he asked as his eyes wandered to her elegant blade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keres

PostSubject: Re: Knives And Pens   Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:41 am

Natsumi opened her mouth for a moment, then shut it. Why had she learned how to wield a sword? ”I guess it’s mostly about regaining a piece of who I am, of who my ancestors were, and leaving who the orphanage taught me to be behind.” She smiled a little, ”Besides, it’s really quite fun to see the looks on people’s faces when I kick their ass.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VivaLaCult

PostSubject: Re: Knives And Pens   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:12 pm

"That's what I try to tell Taiyou everyday, but he never listens, he always tells me I should be more calm." Huo said clearly showing an interest in the subject of fighting. Huo began to walk up the side of a relatively steep cliff. Huo turned a little to look at Natsumi's face once more this time with a smile not originating from nervousness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keres

PostSubject: Re: Knives And Pens   Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:31 am

"I always think that fighting is a good way to let out your anger," She said, looking up the side of the cliff they were beginning to ascend, "Being calm just doesn't work for some people. Like Fire Benders." Of course Fire Benders weren't calm people; they'd been taught for generations to fuel their bending with anger, passionate and pure, but still foul. Natsumi was trained this way as well, and though like many things when she left the orphanage, tried to break the habit. This one clung on a little more than some, and the brightest, hottest, and most dangerous flames she could muster often came from spite and hatred.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VivaLaCult

PostSubject: Re: Knives And Pens   Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:41 am

Huo reached the top of the hill and turned to Natsumi. "Don't get me wrong there is a time and a place for everything, but fighting is the final solution to everything." Huo said as he sprawled out a small blanket. Huo let his mind wander to the teachings of the sun warriors, and how they were a peaceful group. As Huo's mind drifted more he came to the realization that in the end there will always be fighting, Huo finished this thought with a frown. "You know, all I have wanted since this war broke out was peace, but peace is an impossible luxury isn't it?" Huo asked as he put a pot of tea on to boil.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keres

PostSubject: Re: Knives And Pens   Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:22 am

Natsumi nodded, "I don't think I can remember the last time I heard that there was peace, save for in the Air Temples." She moved and sat across from Huo on the other side of the blanket, glancing into the teapot as she did. "What kind of tea are we having?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VivaLaCult

PostSubject: Re: Knives And Pens   Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:15 pm

Huo's eyes wandered as Natsumi spoke her words resonated with him. Huo shot back to reality with Natsumi's next words. "Ginseng." he said simply as he placed his hands near the pot using his fire bending to warm the tea.

Huo smiled at Natsumi as he spoke "Do you ever wonder what your place in this war is?".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keres

PostSubject: Re: Knives And Pens   Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:05 am

Natsumi shook her head, "No, I can't say that I've ever really thought about it." She did, now, and realised she had no idea where she is. Was she just there as a bufferer between nations, like every other civilian? Or did she have purpose, and she just didn't know it?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
VivaLaCult

PostSubject: Re: Knives And Pens   Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:30 am

"Well then let me ask you this, do you want to see the war end or do you want to see this world consumed in hatred?" Huo said as he poured himself and his lady friend a cup of hot Ginseng tea. "Or both?" Huo finished as he handed the cup to Natsumi, Huo complimented the cup of tea with a warm smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keres

PostSubject: Re: Knives And Pens   Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:47 am

"Of course I want to see peace. Hatred is good for you, but not good for the world. While it can cleanse your soul with a burning passion, it would take the world by storm and leave nothing in it's wake renewed. What would make you say such a thing?" She frowned as she took the tea, taking a sip and clearing her throat, "This tea is very good, by the way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VivaLaCult

PostSubject: Re: Knives And Pens   Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:26 pm

"With the world the way it is now, you can never be sure who the enemy is and who is an ally." Huo said as he lightly sipped on his tea. Huo smiled at Natsumi. "Nowadays Fire bender care about nothing but victory." Huo said as he winked at his tea time partner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keres

PostSubject: Re: Knives And Pens   Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:09 pm

"Yeah..." She said, staring off into space. It reminded her of the time she fought one of the other orphans; he started the yard on fire, intent on winning, which he didn't. The grass was charred for two weeks, and every time Natsumi thought of it, she thought of the destruction power-hunger could bring. She smiled lightly at his winking, and took another sip of tea.

"So who is this Taiyou?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VivaLaCult

PostSubject: Re: Knives And Pens   Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:49 pm

"A fellow firebender that took me in, I see him as my brother as well as my partner." Huo said in between small sips of tea. "We have worked together for a long time, searching for a way to end this war." Huo situated his legs to a folded position, "Something that has been my goal for a while, something I could use help with." as he finished his sentence he locked eyes with Natsumi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keres

PostSubject: Re: Knives And Pens   Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:52 pm

Natsumi raised a delicate eyebrow over the rim of her drink, "From the look you're giving me, it would seem that you are suggesting I be some of that help. I would be happy to," She paused, sliding her pointer finger around the rim of the teacup, then leaning forward and grinning, "As long as I get something out of it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VivaLaCult

PostSubject: Re: Knives And Pens   Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:09 pm

Huo chuckled, "Nothing is free I suppose." he said his eyes still locked with hers. "What do you wish for in return?" Huo said as he refilled his cup of tea. Huo stretched his legs out sitting here for this long made them fall asleep, Huo sat placing his arms behind him for support.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keres

PostSubject: Re: Knives And Pens   Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:41 am

She sat back, "A solid place to stay would be nice. I haven't actually lived anywhere since I left the orphanage." Natsumi frowned into her tea, watching the reflection ripple as she tapped the side with her finger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knives And Pens   

Back to top Go down

Knives And Pens
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next