200 years after the defeat of Fire Lord Ozai, the Water Avatar has come and gone, now the newest Avatar an Earth Bender has gone missing. A war has begun and the search for peace is underway.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Be sure to read the rules!

Share | 

On the southern coast of the earth kingdom...

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
riley

PostSubject: Re: On the southern coast of the earth kingdom...   Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:02 pm

Nabiki raised an eyebrow. "I suppose it'll just have to do..." she said, shrugging. "I've definitely seen finer, though..." She winked at lukas and limbed into her canoe, Kiera hopping back in after. This time, the dog seemed more weighed down and nabiki st the water dish in front of Kiera who looked expectantly at it's dry bottom.

"hey Lukas, d'you have the water?" Nabiki asked, frowning as she tried to remember where she'd put her only water supply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Genbu

PostSubject: Re: On the southern coast of the earth kingdom...   Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:29 am

Lukas shrugged and pushed the boats out to sea a bit with his earth bending when he looked at Nabiki with a raised eyebrow. "Well, I am no shipbuilder so its understandable that you've seen better." He said, shaking his head and making sure all of his stuff was nicely put into the boat. As he looked around, he looked at Nabiki and then among his stuff. "Hmm... I can't seem to find it... wasn't it in your boat?" He said, keeping a hand on the boats, keeping them from moving.

"Can't you just water bend water from the moisture in the air?" He asked, looking at her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riley

PostSubject: Re: On the southern coast of the earth kingdom...   Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:22 pm

"Yeah, but It's hard, i was just hoping for the easy alternative..." nabiki replied, smiling and waving er hand through the air, directing the ater she collected into Kiera's bowl. though she made this look effortless, her brow was creased and her breathing began to come heavily.

"S-Sorry, that was a lot of w-water, umm.."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Genbu

PostSubject: Re: On the southern coast of the earth kingdom...   Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:49 pm

As she made the water appear from the air, he watched it with a look of awe in his eyes. With the cactus water's hold on his mind, the colors and lights from the water bending really where bright and vivid. It was simply an amazing sight. Until the water landed in the dog's water dish. With the shake of his head, he smiled up at Nabiki only to see she was breathing heavily.

"Yeah it was, are you alright Nabiki?" He asked, placing a hand on her back and rubbing it lightly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riley

PostSubject: Re: On the southern coast of the earth kingdom...   Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:53 pm

"Just a little worn out.. You have no idea how hard it is to do that kind of bending," Nabiki replied, dragging a hand across her brow. "Taking water from the air is extremely difficult, because you have to separate it from the extra stuff." She leaned back into Lukas and reached her arms up around his neck.

"Well, do we spend another night here or get moving?" She asked, unwinding her arms and standing. "Either way, we need food and some clothes for me."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Genbu

PostSubject: Re: On the southern coast of the earth kingdom...   Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:49 pm

Making sure she was supposed, Lukas nodded his head and spoke, "Nope, never really had to bend things when I ran out of materials, I make sure I always have something to use." When she leaned back against him, he wrapped his arms around her waist softly and held her. "I've bended wet sand before, but thats about as difficult as its gotten for me, luckily," he continued, "Are you sure you are ok?"

As she let go, he moved his hands back, resting them on her hip and making sure she was fine. "Well, we get to land, find some good food and some new clothes and I'll make us a little cave to sleep in. This island really isn't much more then this cave and some trees."

OOC: Skip traveling, have them at an earth kingdom town and such or what?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riley

PostSubject: Re: On the southern coast of the earth kingdom...   Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:27 am

"Alright then! It's decided. hop in!" Nabiki bent water so it snaked up the shore and grabbed the little boat, ready to take it out to sea.

"You better get in or we'll leave without ya!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Genbu

PostSubject: Re: On the southern coast of the earth kingdom...   Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:13 am

Nodding his head, Lukas got into his part of the boat, which happened to be what was once his boat. With them in position, he earth bended the sand to push them out to see as well, but also to lead them around the island swiftly and carefully. Soon the three where well on they way to the mainland.

"So we will have to make sure you are well hidden for a bit, until we can get you some new clothes." Lukas said, sitting on the edge of his boat, looking at her in her own boat. The connection he made to hold the boats together was holding just fine.

OOC: No answer to my last question?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riley

PostSubject: Re: On the southern coast of the earth kingdom...   Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:25 pm

"yeah... What about you? Anything about you that could slow us up? Or speed us up..." Nabiki replied, smiling over at Lukas. "It's nice to be back out on the water now... I always feel better when I'm surrounded by it..." She leaned back and dropped her hand over the side of the boat, letting her fingers trail lazily in the water, making line of ripples as they moved.

"It must be hard you you... I mean, you're an earth-bender yet there's nothing much here for you to bend. What's it like anyway? To be able to change the earth?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Genbu

PostSubject: Re: On the southern coast of the earth kingdom...   Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:37 pm

"Slow or speed, which is it that you want me to do?" Lukas asked with a chuckle, watching her as he sat there. As they sailed more toward the that he knew was there, just in the distance, he couldn't help but feel just a little awkward away from the earth when she mentioned it. He normally didn't even think about it, but now he wasn't feeling all to well.

Moving back to his side and laying down, Lukas shrugged and spoke, "Yeah... surrounded by water with no earth beneath my feet..." He shook his head and spoke again, "Its something natural to me now, but it feels like I am constantly sitting on a weapon, like a sword or hammer."

OOC: HEY, HEY LISTEN! SHOULD WE SKIP TRAVELING AND GET TO THE VILLAGE OR SAIL THE SHIPS TO LAND AND THEN WALK TO THE VILLAGE? Sorry I had to use all caps but you aren't answering me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riley

PostSubject: Re: On the southern coast of the earth kingdom...   Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:52 am

OOC: sorry... >.< Um, let's skip traveling.

~~~Time Skip~~~
The canoes were nearing shore and Nabiki could hear the sounds of the village as well as see smoke from cook-fires and whatnot. She closed her eyes and her hair blew about her face in the sea breeze. She was truly at home with the water, but her reverie was interrupted by the sand scraping the bottom of their jointed boats. As they landed, Nabiki grinned and jumped out of her little boat.
"C'mon!" She said, waving to Lukas. Kiera jumped out as well and padded up to Nabiki, licking her hand.
"Let's go get me some clothes!" Nabki giggled, her face split in a grin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Genbu

PostSubject: Re: On the southern coast of the earth kingdom...   Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:32 am

OOC: Sorry for the wait.

With their boats once more land locked, Lukas earth bended them up onto the shore before walking over to Nabiki and he just chuckled at her before walking past her, aiming toward the city in the distance. "The closest city is a port city, so we should be able to find you decent clothes there." He said, chuckling and walking along, almost gliding. "You might want to hide out some though, not to get caught."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riley

PostSubject: Re: On the southern coast of the earth kingdom...   Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:32 pm

"Yeah, i was thinking so. Do you have a cloak?" Nabiki replied, her teeth invisibly closing on the inside of her cheek. "It only has to be long enough to hide my water tribe outfit." She put a hand on his cheek, a small smile on her face. The world seemed to fill her mind. Here if she looked there were trees and buildings. No white snow or ice. There weren't any of the usual animals, either. The sun shone down on the landscape- bright and hot, but not blinding like the Arctic sun. Nabiki felt herself enjoying the new place. She felt herself imagining the culture and the people.

Nabiki shook her head and breathed deeply to clear her head.
"Anyway... Let's have that cloak."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Genbu

PostSubject: Re: On the southern coast of the earth kingdom...   Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:30 pm

Looking at his own self for a moment he wondered if he really did have a cloak on his person. He never really saw the need to bring a cloak with him before, mostly traveling around where he wanted without caring about the weather or if he was cold. Taking a moment to think, he looked down at her when her hand rested on his cheek and gave her a soft smile. He gave her hand a soft kiss and then went to rummage through his bag for a cloak of some sort. "Hmm... I am not sure if I have a cloak, I normally don't use one." He said, tossing a piece of rock candy up to eat.

Finally, he pulled out an old tan blanket, looked at it questioningly, and then smiled. "Ah! Its been years since I've seen this! Its my old sandbender cloak for those harsh nights." He said, wrapping it around her shoulders. "Take care of it my little water bender."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riley

PostSubject: Re: On the southern coast of the earth kingdom...   Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:12 pm

Nabiki smiled, shrugging the cloak around her and throwing it over her shoulder again so it covered her water tribe outfit.

"Thank you, my larger earth-bender,' She replied, giving him a quick peck on the lips and stepping forward, toward the small town. "Let's go." She led the way, but stopped when she realized how odd Kiera would look. She shooed the dog away to a place just out of sight of the town and bade her stay there until they returned.

She walked back to Lukas and the moved toward the town again, beckoning.

((sorry it's awful))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the southern coast of the earth kingdom...   

Back to top Go down

On the southern coast of the earth kingdom...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3