Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

200 years after the defeat of Fire Lord Ozai, the Water Avatar has come and gone, now the newest Avatar an Earth Bender has gone missing. A war has begun and the search for peace is underway.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Be sure to read the rules!

Running from or running to?

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Genbu

Genbu

Running from or running to? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running from or running to?   Running from or running to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 4:18 pm

Smiling, his cheeks a little flushed, Lukas smiled and nodded his head. "The ocean is a peaceful yet chaotic place, and it is indeed strong and will most likely never leave, always there, always hiding mystery and adventure." He said, smiling. He spoke again, "Its just like its sibling earth. Earth will always be there to support the ocean, strong, solid, and ever changing. The two may fight now and then but they will always remain close and help the other out." He smiled at her, trying to forget the comment she said.

"Heh, yeah it does. Cactus juice is a great stimulant, excitant, and perfect for bringing a smile to the faces of almost anyone who drinks it. Saying things, I've never noticed it causing that." He said, smiling at her. "It really seems to go out of your system fast though. Maybe I was right to just give you so little," Lukas continued, "and you did crawl on the ground, meow, and now you are currently sitting on me." Lukas laughed and smiled at her.

"After a year of this being the only thing you drank, you kinda get a flat rate feeling that only intensifies if you drink more." He said, shrugging and using both hands to hit his rock chair, making it now longer for her and the back of the chair on more of an angle to allow him to lay back.
Back to top Go down
riley

riley

PostSubject: Re: Running from or running to?   Running from or running to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:20 am

"I guess you'd have a really good tolerance!" Nabiki put a hand under her chin as she slid off Lukas's lap on to the other part of the chair. "You know, Acting like a cat isn't the worst I've done... I once had a fever and thought i was a penguin. I wandered around camp squeaking for about an hour before My mom dragged me inside..." Nabiki laughed, her smile reaching her eyes this time. "I remember waking up and asking why everyone laughed at me the next day... It's really too bad i can never see myself..." She laughed again and leaned back, like Lukas had.

"the storm's passed, i think, but It must be night now, there isn't any light coming through the jennomite. We might as well camp here. It's a pity we cant see the stars... I miss just laying back and watching them like i do sometimes when i'm out on the ocean." Nabiki moved a little closer to Lukas, simply by the heat-seeking instincts of her body.
Back to top Go down
Genbu

Genbu

PostSubject: Re: Running from or running to?   Running from or running to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 1:21 pm

Laughing, Lukas nodded his head and took another sip of cactus juice. "I've had to at least build up something to keep this from making me just lose my mind, which I guess could of happened, as a doctor told me." He said with a smile, watching as she made herself comfortable on the extra bit of chair. "A penguin eh... seems like that must of been one crazy fever if you were acting like an animal without knowing... whatever a penguin is." Lukas commented, smiling at the large smile that had made its way on her face and enjoying the laugh she released. "I don't know, would ya really want to see yourself acting like that?" He pondered more to himself then to her, rubbing his chin.

Looking toward the crystal wall, Lukas gave her a smile and nodded his head, only a faint glow of what seemed to be moonlight was sending different shades of light from the crystals over them and the cave. "There is barely any light... good thing its clear tonight or else this cave would be pitch black." He said softly, smiling and looking at her. "Camp? Alright then." He said, getting to his feet and once more going through the motions of earth bending to make things better for the two.

A stamp of his foot caused the chair to grow to twice its side length wise, making a large flat stone slab. Slamming his hand down on the middle, Lukas twisted his palm against the stone, watching as all but four inches of stone on the edge turn into sand, making almost a mattress fore sleeping. Sitting down, he smiled as she seemed to once more move toward him. "If you'd like I could make one for myself as well."
Back to top Go down
riley

riley

PostSubject: Re: Running from or running to?   Running from or running to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 4:50 pm

((why does it feel like i already replied to that???))

"what? Oh, no, it's all right... I have a sleeping bag, I'm really quite comfortable in it," nabiki replied, smiling and slipping off the makeshift bed, padding across the dirt floor to her stuff. She went down to her knees, pulling out her sleeping bag and spreading it out on the cave floor.

"So, where in the earth kingdom are you from? I'm from the southern water tribe, but you prolly guessed that..." She said, in an effort to make conversation. "It's not really that difficult to deduce..."
Back to top Go down
Genbu

Genbu

PostSubject: Re: Running from or running to?   Running from or running to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 5:32 pm

Looking as she slid off to get a sleeping bag, Lukas was a little bewildered. Who in their right mind would refuse a sand bed? It was crazy! With a shrug and a smile he laid back and looked over, watching her set up her own little sleeping area, still watching the sleeping bag.

"Me? Well, I think it was a small town somewhere near Omashu. Parents wanted me to keep close to the capital when I was young for some reason. I don't really remember it though, so its not that big of deal." He said, shrugging and looking at her. "Southern water tribe ya say... Haven't been north or south, but I did hang with the Foggy Swamp tribe once. Fun folk they are."
Back to top Go down
riley

riley

PostSubject: Re: Running from or running to?   Running from or running to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 3:07 pm

"Yeah, there are stories about them! It's said that some of them can bend plants! I think that's amazing..." Nabiki seemed to drift into thought. "Anyway, my village isn't much of a village, it's probably the size of Omashu! With all the water-benders, we can build huge ice structures and repair them just as easily as we build them!"
Back to top Go down
Genbu

Genbu

PostSubject: Re: Running from or running to?   Running from or running to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 5:10 pm

"It more that they bend vines in that village, making their entire home almost a weapon, its truly interesting I must say." He said with a smile, looking as she seemed to drift off while sitting on her sleeping bag. He wasn't sure it would be a good place to sleep at all still, but he wasn't going to really say anything. After all, he was on a rock.

When she spoke about her village, he smiled and listened, nodding his head and imagining a large Omashu sized city made from ice and snow. It would be an amazing site for him to see one day. "That sounds really amazing. It must be so easy to remodel your home if you needed to." He said with a smile, laying back against his bed with a bit of a yawn.
Back to top Go down
riley

riley

PostSubject: Re: Running from or running to?   Running from or running to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 9:25 pm

"Yeah! And the best part is the animals. Since we don't use much machinery, they like us. We're more natural than a lot of other humans. Also, Some people in our tribe aren't native, they're air benders who thought it would be cool to study our technique and see if it could be used for air. They're really nice," NAbiki smiled, chatting about her home made her happy. "My favorite animals are the polar bear dogs, they're big, but friendly and they can do a lot of hard work!"

Lukas seemed a little puzzled, looking at her quizzically on her sleeping bag.

"What? You're looking at me funny, what's up?"
Back to top Go down
Genbu

Genbu

PostSubject: Re: Running from or running to?   Running from or running to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 1:59 am

Nodding his head as she spoke, Lukas couldn't help but wonder what types of animals that lived in the winter water tribes. Apparently there where several animals that seemed to live with the water tribe. At least she was smiling though, and he just smiled back at her, "I see, well I must say that it seems like a very nice place for you to live if you really like ice and animals." He said softly, looking at her with a smile.

"Polar Bear Dogs? Sounds like a fun animal to play with. I just have to wonder what it is." He said, laughing before looking at her once more. With a rub of his head, Lukas spoke, "Well, I am just not all that used to people sleeping in sleeping bags." He couldn't help it, if he thought it was strange. It was always sleep on the earth for him.
Back to top Go down
riley

riley

PostSubject: Re: Running from or running to?   Running from or running to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 4:46 pm

Nabiki laughed. "Really? In my tribe, this is what we use for travel, and sometimes just to always sleep in! We don't have earth bending, so It's no like we can make sand beds! And beside that, we don't have much earth to bend!" She looked up and saw Lukas rub his head in an almost shy, embarrassed sort of way.

"I could come up there if you want, i mean, it probably is more comfy than this..." She gestured toward her sleeping bag. "Besides, it might get cold tonight and body heat is the best way to keep warm... If you're okay with that, I mean."
Back to top Go down
Genbu

Genbu

PostSubject: Re: Running from or running to?   Running from or running to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 3:43 am

"It seems like a really uncomfortable way of sleeping, just using a bit of padded cloth..." He said softly, taking another sip of cactus juice, enjoying the fresh wave of enjoyment. "Not much earth to bend you say... that doesn't seem all that fun then... I've always had to provide myself a bed from the earth. Its what I do." He said, rubbing his head and looking over at her, noticing her eyes now on him once more. He couldn't help but wonder why she kept doing that.

This time he looked surprised and he gave her a grin when she offered to join him in the sand bed. "Conserving body heat is a good way not to be cold... but it might be better if instead of just using one or the other, we use both." He said, sitting now on his bed, looking at her. "I can get sand out of places easily, you... its probably harder for you, so using the sleeping bag as a padding might make it better." Lukas added, smiling and getting to his feet now, cracking his back.

"Should I remove these bandages... they are warm but constricting..." He said softly, whispering to himself.
Back to top Go down
riley

riley

PostSubject: Re: Running from or running to?   Running from or running to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 2:24 pm

Nabiki laughed. "Do what you want! And about the sand thing... I'll come up there and just sleep in my bag on the bed, kay?" She climbed up and immediately felt warmer after slipping into her bag and laying next to Lukas.

"Why are guys always so warm?" She said, moving closer to Lukas. "I mean, The girls get cold and the guys feel like furnaces..." She grinned, chuckling again.
Back to top Go down
Genbu

Genbu

PostSubject: Re: Running from or running to?   Running from or running to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 3:03 pm

With a smile, he scooted over and laid down once more, giving her room to join him up on the bed of sand with the frame of stone. As he laid there and watched her, he responded, "Alright, sounds like a good plan then, so just lay down and relax." Lukas didn't mind nor did he see any issue with just wanting warmth. When he got into the bed he felt the warmth that she had to share and he let out a soft sigh of enjoyment due to the new warmth.

When she asked the strange question about body heat, Lukas looked down at himself before looking back at her with a shrug. "Well, I don't really know how to answer that... good circulation maybe..." Lukas said with a chuckle and smiling at her, laying his head back. "What a long and strange day." He mused softly.
Back to top Go down
riley

riley

PostSubject: Re: Running from or running to?   Running from or running to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 3:49 pm

"No, I thought it was normal!" Nabiki teased, propping her head up on her elbow and laying on her side so she faced Lukas. She smiled and found herself studying his body again, moving along the contours of his chest and arms, her eyes flicking over his legs, before returning to his face. Something about him, she didn't know what, made her fell different. She felt warmer on the inside, with a light blush creeping into her cheeks.
Back to top Go down
Genbu

Genbu

PostSubject: Re: Running from or running to?   Running from or running to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 4:01 pm

"Maybe it is normal! I don't know a lot about the human body though, so I can't say anything about it unless you want lies!" He said, laughing, still laying back on the sand. Out of the corner of his eye he could see her looking over at him, laying on her side, and he wondered what it was she was doing. Yet he just shrugged and turned his head toward her only to catch her actually looking him over once more.

That wasn't all that relaxing, having someone study you when they were laying close to you. He wasn't complaining, after all he often seemed to be studied. It didn't help that when she looked back at him he saw her face flush, and his face flushed as well. "Are you alright?" He asked, unsure about how she was feeling. Maybe she caught a cold out on the ocean or something. Placing his hand against her forehead, he looked into her eyes.

"You feel a little warm."
Back to top Go down
riley

riley

PostSubject: Re: Running from or running to?   Running from or running to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 4:50 pm

"I guess i am... I don't know..." Nabiki traced a pattern in the sand of the bed, her hair falling into her face as she looked down. "You make me feel different, I don't know how, but it's like a warm feeling in my belly..." her face flushed a brighter red.

"I think... But no, that's silly..."She said, her hair still in her face. She blew at it, but it just lifted and fell and she didn't really feel like looking through it right then. SHe had no clue how He'd react and she had stumbled over her words a little.
Back to top Go down
Genbu

Genbu

PostSubject: Re: Running from or running to?   Running from or running to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 4:57 pm

Putting his hand back down, he looked at her as she spoked, seeming to be unsure about how she was feeling or something. "Can I help...?" He asked, unsure if she was good or not. When she spoke again, about him making her feel different and the feeling of warmth in her belly made his face flush as well. He had a feeling he knew what was up, but for some reason he still denied it, pushing the thought to the back of his mind for the moment.

"Maybe its just the cactus water?" He suggested at the warmth in her belly, but soon he flushed a bit darker. "What do you think Nabiki?" He asked, not sure he wanted to hear the answer but feeling a need to, encase she wasn't feeling well. He needed to make sure she was happy and healthy, so he just waited for the answer, sitting up and turning toward her.
Back to top Go down
riley

riley

PostSubject: Re: Running from or running to?   Running from or running to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 5:24 pm

"I think I... like you... More than i should..." Nabiki blushed as dark as if she'd been slapped on both cheeks. "Sorry... I an go back to the bag on the floor..." She looked down to the floor, twisting.

((sorry for the shortness.. XD))
Back to top Go down
Genbu

Genbu

PostSubject: Re: Running from or running to?   Running from or running to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 5:34 pm

Looking at Nabiki, Lukas took a few moments to actually hear what she had said, and when he did, he blushed darkly and smiled at her. "Oh... well... I have to say I wasn't expecting that..." He said softly, looking at her. When she said she wanted to go, Lukas placed a hand on her shoulder, holding it gently.

"I think having a crush on someone is natural. I suggest you get to know me more, but don't think the same thoughts about you haven't crossed my mind." He said softly, moving his hand off. "You can stay up here and relax. After all, this is the first night of many, so there is no reason you have to go away." Lukas added, smiling at her.

"Lets see how things go with our journey. I'll be there to help you with most things, so don't think I am turning you down or refusing you."
Back to top Go down
riley

riley

PostSubject: Re: Running from or running to?   Running from or running to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:33 pm

Nabiki smiled. "Thanks, maybe it's just the juice talking, but... I dunno... Maybe, in the course of the journey..." She rubbed her head, an embarrassed grin sweeping across her face. "Sleep now... move on tomorrow..." She turned away, a tranquil smile on her graceful features.

"G'night. See you in the morning!" And her eyes closed, allowing sleep and dreams to take her.
Back to top Go down
Genbu

Genbu

PostSubject: Re: Running from or running to?   Running from or running to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:43 pm

Nodding his head, Lukas just chuckled as she turned from him and tried to go to sleep. He just chuckled, smiling and laying his head back, his eyes closed as he looked up. He had no reason to think anymore tonight, yet his mind was racing now. That shock had caused his mind to clear and as he lay there thoughts flew through his mind.

He would have to protect this girl to the best of his abilities, if he was going to follow her into a war zone. Warriors, bounty hunters, assassins, and even wild animals were on the horizon of their future, and he was going to have to walk into it blindly. He sighed and looked over at Nabiki. "I wonder what you have brought into my life..." He said softly, looking at the ceiling and closing his eyes.
Back to top Go down
riley

riley

PostSubject: Re: Running from or running to?   Running from or running to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:46 pm

((end thread, Imma make one in the earth kingdom, kay?))
Back to top Go down
DrofilrtER

PostSubject: tory burch outlet   Running from or running to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 12:24 am

This oracle burberry saleis furrounded by no enfigns of terror. burberry outlet Here no thunder rocks the grourtd j no prieftefe bellows forth, with frantic emotions, ambiguous or unmeaning fentences. burberry online saleHere all is Jerene and placid. When I receive the kings commands to attend him, I fly on the wings of defire; tory burcha fecret joy fills my foul: and I never leave him, without frelh pleafiire and inftru&ion.See, my dear friend, how tory burch outletI have ob-taind this good fortune. tory burch flats Since peace has beenburberry outlet reftored to the ftates of Brandenburg, burberry saleby the treaty of Drefden, burberry online salethe king has re-fided at Potfdam, tory burch flatswhere he nourifties his people in the lap of peace, and fills the hours of vacation from the great bufinefs of ftate, tory burch flats salewith ftudys. His tory burch outletmajeftys tender concern for his moft worthy brothers, has drawn the princes Henry, and Ferdinand to the fame place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running from or running to?   Running from or running to? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Running from or running to?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avatar: The Lost Body :: The World of Avatar :: Water Tribes :: Southern Water Tribe-
Jump to: