Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

200 years after the defeat of Fire Lord Ozai, the Water Avatar has come and gone, now the newest Avatar an Earth Bender has gone missing. A war has begun and the search for peace is underway.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Be sure to read the rules!

Lola's introduction

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
riley

riley

Lola's introduction Empty
PostSubject: Lola's introduction   Lola's introduction Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 10:44 pm

Lola spat on the wood floor of her prison. She'd spoken out against her father's wishes for her to marry the fire nation prince. Sure, he was good looking enough, but she didn't know him. He thought she was pretty and she was of good lineage, so apparently that gave him the right to marry her. He'd literally asked his father for her, and his father had asked her father. No one bothered to ask Lola, oh no. Instead, they'd set the date and everything, then told her she was marrying the prince. What did they expect?! She didn't want to marry a complete stranger, nonetheless a spoiled prince! So, of course, she'd said no.

I should have known that the word no gets me put on rations and locked in my bedroom... she thought angrily, a small flame flickering out of her balled fist and then disappearing in a puff of smoke. If i were normal, this wouldn't happen! But nooo, my dad just Has to be a general. She flopped down on her back, staring sullenly at the ceiling. She wished, and not for the first time, that she was one of the girls of ember island, or just a commoner, fishing for a living. Anything but a princess. She didn't want to remember the difference between boring colors that looked the same!

"Maybe if i just ran away. I could have my maid help me... She's the only friend i have here... but no. Father would suspect her. He'd probably have her killed!" She thought aloud, standing and pacing the floor of her room. She wished something would happen, anything!

((this would be a really good time for her to get kidnapped by someone...XD))
Back to top Go down
Nightkill

PostSubject: Re: Lola's introduction   Lola's introduction Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 11:16 pm

Loving to take advantage of a good time, her door literally burst into pieces. Dozens of men wearing blue armor came in.

"General Kengen, is this her?"

The waterbending master looked at her briefly. "Yes, this is the Fire Princess. Good, when we have his daughter in law, the Fire Lord will be more inclined to listen to our demands." he said.

He threw water at her arms, and froze them, disabling her firebending. He then handcuffed the frozen arms, not taking chances.

"It's the day after the full moon. We still have a lot of power, but not too much. We need to get out of here fast." he said, breaking the window, and pushing her through.

Last edited by Nightkill on Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
riley

riley

PostSubject: Re: Lola's introduction   Lola's introduction Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 9:01 pm

((edit that, i'm not even related to the firelord aside from being betrothed to the heir... XD))
Back to top Go down
Nightkill

PostSubject: Re: Lola's introduction   Lola's introduction Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 9:36 pm

riley wrote:
((edit that, i'm not even related to the firelord aside from being betrothed to the heir... XD))

(I thought you were. I'll fix that, you post on Super Hero Rpg)

(Yes, I will keep riding your ass on that one)
Back to top Go down
Nightkill

PostSubject: Re: Lola's introduction   Lola's introduction Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 9:46 pm

(We can say I got misinformation too, actually)
Back to top Go down
riley

riley

PostSubject: Re: Lola's introduction   Lola's introduction Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:02 am

((just fix the damn post...))
Back to top Go down
Nightkill

PostSubject: Re: Lola's introduction   Lola's introduction Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:43 am

Fixed
Back to top Go down
riley

riley

PostSubject: Re: Lola's introduction   Lola's introduction Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 6:19 pm

I am NOT his daughter in law!" Lola protested, she didn't want to be mistaken for having already married the damn prince. "And He won't even care! My parents will think I've just run away again! Honestly, I'd love to! BUt this is not how I'm going to leave here. Unbind me and i will walk out with you, my head high. I swear not to firebend against you." Lola's eyes gleamed, she hated nothing more than imprisonment, and her hate burned inside her like the fire she worked so hard to master. She'd been forced to do things for too long, she was taking charge now and No one was going to chain her ever again.

"Do we have a bargain, water tribe man?" Lola lifted an eyebrow and tossed her hair back. "Or am i going to be taken out of here in chains like an animal."
Back to top Go down
Nightkill

PostSubject: Re: Lola's introduction   Lola's introduction Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 7:43 pm

Kengen laughed. "What do you know folks, we have a fighter." he said, as the rest of the men burst into laughter.

Ken looked at her. "Look here, lady, we are fighting against the Fire Lord. We fully realize you may not be worth much, but you are probably worth something, and dammit, we need something. So, we'll free you, but you will kept a close eye on. You even breathe too deeply, and your whole body will be covered in ice."
Back to top Go down
riley

riley

PostSubject: Re: Lola's introduction   Lola's introduction Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 8:04 pm

"Understood..." Lola frowned, she wasn't liking the humiliation of being laughed at. "And would you mind not laughing when a young girl tries to negotiate?" She smiled wryly, but her cheeks burned with a slight shame.

Stupid... They're trained soldiers, you're just a girl! she thought at herself angrily. You'll never be able to out-negotiate them! So she looked to her feet, then up again. Lola nodded, holding her head high, but not too high so as to be looking down her nose, she walked to Kengen and waited for him to tell her which way.
Back to top Go down
Nightkill

PostSubject: Re: Lola's introduction   Lola's introduction Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 8:10 pm

Kengen chuckled, and melted the ice. "Now, you remember my promise. I never threaten, I just promise. You're going to a secret location. When we reach the ships, you'll be paralyzed again, I'm afraid." he said.

Back to top Go down
riley

riley

PostSubject: Re: Lola's introduction   Lola's introduction Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 8:19 pm

'Why's that?" Lola asked, careful to very slowly pull her hands from her back. "I've done nothing to resist, and I've been very polite. I've accepted your terms and made only a few of my own! Now I am asking something of you- please do not bind me!"

Lola looked at him, forcing herself not to beg. I will not beg, whatever the circumstances! she thought, a blush of rage creeping into her cheeks.
Back to top Go down
Nightkill

PostSubject: Re: Lola's introduction   Lola's introduction Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 8:24 pm

Kengen made a scornful grunt. "You Fire Nation have more people than us, and use them more casually. Many a ship has sunk because a firebender burnt it to it the ground- and died in the process."

Kengen spat on the ground to show what he thought of that. "So, that's why you'll be paralyzed. That's getting off easy, some of the stuff some other generals- on both sides- do is far worse."

(Post on SHRPG)
Back to top Go down
riley

riley

PostSubject: Re: Lola's introduction   Lola's introduction Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 8:59 pm

Lola hung her head, "i understand... My mother is as bad as any general... I'm on a bread and water diet right now, once a day... I have to stay in my room... I spoke out against a marriage to a spoiled prince! And look where it got me. This happens every time! I lose my temper and something bad happens!!" Lola put her hand on her head and balled them into fists in her hair.

"Ah! I can't do this negotiating thing right!" She sat on the floor abruptly. "I disobey, i can't negotiate, I can't even hod myself back from losing it!" She half telled before she collapsed into sobs.
Back to top Go down
Nightkill

PostSubject: Re: Lola's introduction   Lola's introduction Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 9:09 pm

Kengen and the other troops had awkward expressions. "I suppose, unless your a good actor, you really aren't gonna burn the ship." he said.

He sighed. "We won't paralyze you when we get to the ship then. And we'll give you stuff other than bread, don't worry." he said.
Back to top Go down
riley

riley

PostSubject: Re: Lola's introduction   Lola's introduction Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:38 pm

"hu- Huh?" Lola looked up, pulling her hands across her face to get rid of the tears, though she still had blotchy features and red eyes. "Weird... All my life I've been told the water tribe were merciless killers who would ignore the courtesies to prisoners of war... yet here you are, kinder to me than my own mother..." She frowned, confused, but stood nonetheless.

" I hate it here." Lola said with conviction, as if she were making an inner decision. "Let's go..." She took a step toward the hole in the wall, the turmoil inside of her struggling to show on her face, and she felt a pang of guilt, but it was gone quickly. Her father thought she was just a tool, something he could use. That was no life for her. No life for anyone, as far a lola was concerned. She held her head the way a fir nation general's daughter would, but didn't frown at the world. Instead, she skipped on step and smiled.
Back to top Go down
Nightkill

PostSubject: Re: Lola's introduction   Lola's introduction Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:39 pm

"Your name is Lola. I know that, I kidnapped you, and made sure I had some information on you. My name is Kengen." he said, introducing himself.

"We're not merciless killers. Propaganda is a part of war though." he chuckled.
Back to top Go down
riley

riley

PostSubject: Re: Lola's introduction   Lola's introduction Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:50 pm

lola smirked, stopping and waiting for him. " I know that... war is all politics and boring stuff like that. I prefer to strategize and fight, rather than waste time with insults and such. But when you run a whole nation or tribe, or whatnot, you prolly have more lives to care about and more enemies in other tribes, nations, kingdoms, or temples..." Lola smiled.

"So, what do you like best?"

((get us leaving, the guards are prolly at the door by now! XD))
Back to top Go down
Nightkill

PostSubject: Re: Lola's introduction   Lola's introduction Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:12 pm

riley wrote:
lola smirked, stopping and waiting for him. " I know that... war is all politics and boring stuff like that. I prefer to strategize and fight, rather than waste time with insults and such. But when you run a whole nation or tribe, or whatnot, you prolly have more lives to care about and more enemies in other tribes, nations, kingdoms, or temples..." Lola smiled.

"So, what do you like best?"

((get us leaving, the guards are prolly at the door by now! XD))

(I did, I chuckled you out of the window. Will post soon)
Back to top Go down
Nightkill

PostSubject: Re: Lola's introduction   Lola's introduction Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:35 pm

"What do you mean, young lady?" Kengen asked, thrown off by the question. They were still marching to the ships, and were nearly at the harbor.
Back to top Go down
riley

riley

PostSubject: Re: Lola's introduction   Lola's introduction Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 6:07 pm

"Would you rather pull sneaky political stunts like this one or fight in combat?" Lola asked. She was genuinely curious, but wondered if she'd upset him. "Sorry if i sound impudent, i didn't 'learn my place' so well..."
Back to top Go down
Nightkill

PostSubject: Re: Lola's introduction   Lola's introduction Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 7:50 pm

riley wrote:
"Would you rather pull sneaky political stunts like this one or fight in combat?" Lola asked. She was genuinely curious, but wondered if she'd upset him. "Sorry if i sound impudent, i didn't 'learn my place' so well..."

Kengen thought about it. "Believe it or not, though I'm very good at combat, if I say so myself, I'd rather do political stunts. Less of my men die that way. We of the water tribe can't afford to lose many men, having less than the Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom." he explained.
Back to top Go down
riley

riley

PostSubject: Re: Lola's introduction   Lola's introduction Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 11:53 am

lola nodded. "I know what you mean, I prefer a good fight, but i don't like for anyone to fight for me... Does that make sense?" She replied, smiling a little. Kengen had almost marched her all the way to the ship/s? and she was excited, actually to be leaving the fire nation, but also slightly guilty that she'd gone without a fight.
Back to top Go down
Nightkill

PostSubject: Re: Lola's introduction   Lola's introduction Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 2:41 pm

They entered the ships. "I don't want to see any firebending at all from you." he warned. "You'll be taken to one of our island bases, and we're gonna keep you there until we can get a good ransom for you."
Back to top Go down
riley

riley

PostSubject: Re: Lola's introduction   Lola's introduction Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 5:24 pm

"You mean i have to go back that soon?!" Lola asked, disappointed. "I mean, I knew you planned to give me back some time, but they're bound to offer a large amount of money very quickly... I'll hardly be away at all... Damn.. i was rather hoping for an adventure..." She sighed. "But as for the firebending, you'll get no threats from me. I can't even produce a small amount lightning... But i can- OH!" Lola grinned, gasping slightly.

"I can redirect it! Do you know how to do that? has that been taught to you and your men?! If they don't know, i coud teach them! And then maybe that would be like payment for me staying! PLease?! Oh, I want to have some kind of adventure!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lola's introduction   Lola's introduction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lola's introduction
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avatar: The Lost Body :: The World of Avatar :: Fire Nation-
Jump to: